The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy acrylic sheets that are free of scratches that are 3/8 inch thick or 1/2 inch thick. If anyone knows a good supplier of acrylic please let me know.

·
Registered
129 Posts
If you can't find it elsewhere, I have "a guy" who cuts glass or acrylic for a living... Any size, shape, dimensions -- would likely be cheaper & no wasted material rather than buying by the sheet and trying to get the cutting done yourself. He did all the glass work for my custom built 300+ gal. Goldie Haven (link in sig.). Just PM me and I can help you out if you run out of other options.

·
Registered
494 Posts
how does one go about cutting plexiglass/acrylic?

·
Registered
494 Posts
i want to build some covers for my tanks

my betta has taken to 'jumping' for his food when i go to feed him... today he jumped straight up 3" i screamed like the girl i am dropped the tweezers and almost cried. he looked sad that i didn't want to 'play' now i think i need to cover his tank

we will NOT discuss the 2 missing amano shrimp, no we will not (still having nightmares that they are nipping my toes!)

·
Registered
494 Posts
okay thanks i'll look into glass, i just hate that black 'bending' line on most glass tops i'll do some measuring and order one.

·
Registered
129 Posts
okay thanks i'll look into glass, i just hate that black 'bending' line on most glass tops i'll do some measuring and order one.
Assuming you mean that rubber "seam" that comes with most tops.... It's not needed... You can do what I've done for all my aquariums -- including the 300+ gal -- have two pieces of glass cut to your own custom measurements. Have one cut deeper than the other to go underneath your light in one piece and have a thinner one cut that can be opened and closed for feeding. Just an idea.

·
Registered
494 Posts
GREAT IDEA... my tanks are small ... so even better !!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts