The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you may know, my betta died on the floor the other day and I was left with an empty 3.5g.

I have some leftover aquasoil (ADA) so it is really a no brainer that I should start a planted nano tank.

Some pics:

Simple scaping of soil and gravel.

Hob filter (some carbon, media, mechanical and bio filter) - overkill?

Cycling starts!

I'd be adding some bio filter from my establish tank to speed up the cycling later (after i post this thread).

I already have some plants in my 10g, that I plan to transfer to this tank when the cycle is complete. I have a small java fern, some christmas moss and also bacopas.

So... I am still contemplating who shall live in this nano tank. Either,

1. 10 shrimps - red crystal shrimps + some amanos
2. guppies.

What do you think?

·
Super Moderator
16,988 Posts
Why not transfer plants now? They'll certainly help speed up the cycling process and make it easier to add critters when the time comes, as they'll be less likely to get uprooted and moved around as you're working in the tank.

The substrate looks a bit shallow for anything tall and rooted. It'll look great once you get something in it, though. It'd look really great with a small piece of driftwood covered in moss.

My vote, as a shrimp nerd, is for shrimp!

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Why not transfer plants now? They'll certainly help speed up the cycling process and make it easier to add critters when the time comes, as they'll be less likely to get uprooted and moved around as you're working in the tank.

The substrate looks a bit shallow for anything tall and rooted. It'll look great once you get something in it, though. It'd look really great with a small piece of driftwood covered in moss.

My vote, as a shrimp nerd, is for shrimp!
I didn't transfer the plant because I haven't got any lighting for it. But today I just put in a Java Fern and some java mosses and some bacopa.

Yeah I am inclining towards shrimps as well now, after all of your replies. After all it is a small tank, and with shrimps, it just makes sense.

I'll put in more pics later.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.