The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I happened to come across a free fluval edge 6g tank. I was planning on just using it as grow out tank, but then I decided I'd rather have it just as a small desk tank. Sadly it was missing everything but the glass tank itself.

However, being the DIYer I am, I looked at it as an opportunity to build most of the tank myself with a new custom canopy, filter, etc... I'm thinking I might do another rock wall like I did on my 55 (picture below).

So, this time I'm going to keep a start to finish journal of it (hopefully, if time permits between college and my various jobs).

One question I did have for the forum is what are some stocking suggestions for a small tank like this? I know Bettas are good for this size tank, but I was wondering if anyone had any different suggestions.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I drew up a rough idea of how I want it to go. Normally with custom backgrounds I go with the equipment chamber on the right side, but due to the small central opening on the Fluval edge, I had to make the chamber in the center. Since I'm building a custom canister filter with this one, I have a bit more room to play with as opposed to if I got a bulky hang on the back filter.

front view

top view

side view

back view

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update, stated forming the base of the wall. Decided to include some planting boxes to allow for plants in areas besides just the substrate.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts