The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
petmountain has the 2 liter for $20 plus $7 shipping.
does anyone have lower current pricing on this item?
or maybe a free shipping offer on orders totaling >$50.
please provide a link if you do, as it's time to re-stock.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I think thats the lowest price so far its about 30.00 from drfoster&smith
Standard (Within 7 Business Days) $9.99
Expedited
(2-4 Business Days) $19.98
FedEx 2 Day Air
(2 Business Days) $23.98
FedEx Std. Overnight Air
(Next Business Day) $26.98

thats with my zipcode 11411

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
There have been endless discussions about it. No one knows. ;)

It's a rough isomer of glutaraldehyde with cyclo side-chains with a dash of ameliorating agents and maybe a pinch of something else. =P
serious? aren't these chemicals toxic?
excel does smell funky though.

·
Registered
439 Posts
that fish place (TFP) has 2L of excel for 24.99 or .05...shipping is quite cheap form them, even less if you order more then excel

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
serious? aren't these chemicals toxic?
I wouldn't feed it to my son's pet Ball Python. But I've thought about doing that.:redface:
Seriously, it is an alternative source of carbon, but not CO2, obviously. And it can be toxic to fish if ODed over 5X the recommended dose. Folks use it a a formidable chemical warfare component on BBA and Clada algae, to name a few. Plants love it at the right dose. Fish probably don't dig it too much.

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
thanks. that's what i thought it was.

wouldn't carbonates do ?

like CaCO2 , K2CO2 etc.. even seltzer water.
hmm. that could work. and it's cheap.

and you'd see cream of tartar (KC4H5O6) in the spice rack in the grocery store all the time...

·
Registered
862 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
my LFS wants 19.99 for a 500ml!!

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
thanks. that's what i thought it was.

wouldn't carbonates do ?

like CaCO2 , K2CO2 etc.. even seltzer water.
hmm. that could work. and it's cheap.

and you'd see cream of tartar (KC4H5O6) in the spice rack in the grocery store all the time...
Some plants can use some carbonates. It is very inefficient. CO2 works infinitely better. Seltzer water has a small, finite amount of CO2. Once it dissipates, it is gone. And seltzer water costs will rack up fast. Just buy pressurized.

·
Registered
862 Posts
FYI I ordered some dry goods from Pet Mountain. Overall a positive experience. My stuff totaled about 20 dollars and the shipping was about 7 dollars. It took 8 days to get to me. They ship out of AZ and I am in IL so your mileage may vary on that. The lids on the bottles had been thoroughly taped to prevent spillage. The bottlers were inside of a sealed bag. Packing material was sufficient. I would order from them again

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Bigalsonline.com 4L bottle 37.99 s/h to my zip is 8.45 total is 46.44 /2 = $23.22 per 2L. :thumbsup: Plus order it on wednesday or whatever it is and get double VIP points. That is if you dont mind going for the 4L bottles. That will also save you money on shipping since you probably wont have to get any more for a few years!

·
Registered
862 Posts
Sweet deal. I didn't order Excel from Pet Mountain, I think I will get that deal from Big Al's though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts