The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll do my best to be brief with this, if you know of a better place to ask this question let me know.

I finally decided to set up a paludarium, and at some point I'd like to add animal life.
The set-up: Cove with waterfall and 10-15g of water. In a 29g tall tank.

Animal Ideas:
1. Fire-bellied toads (2-4)

1. Beta
  2. Green anole
  3. Cherry or Ghost shrimp

I'm leaning to just keeping a Beta by himself, maybe a few shrimp or plant safe snail. But I'd also like your input so any ideas what to keep in there? Does anyone else have a setup like this and what do/would you keep?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
I have heard that bettas and shrimp do not mix well. Good luck! And PLEASE post pictures if you can!

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
I agree those shrimp would probably get munched.

Have you made any more headway? It will be important to have plenty of water for that beta.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sorry, but the land area sounds too small for a lizard, considering they cannot swim.

Regardless of your stocking, a big issue will be stopping crickets from committing suicide. Once they hit the water, they will die, and then cause an ammonia spike. You can deal with this by leaving a glass full of crickets in the tank, but this looks bad in terms of aquascaping.

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
the toads emit a toxin that is lethal to nearly all species of aquatic life. Save your money money dude, not gonna work

1 - 6 of 6 Posts