The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've posted this question before but have not had money to buy fish. I have a 29 gallon biocube that I'm going to stock this month. So far I have two fire dwarf gourami's ,1 golden dojo, 1 daino, 1 hatchetfish, and 4 penguin tetras.I am going to get rid of the hatchet and the daino, and get 2 more gourami's. Could I get 2 more penguin fish or would my bio load be too high?

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
I was under the impression that male dwarf gouramis were aggressive towards one another.

Personally I wouldn't add any more gouramis.

I would get another loach as they are social. In the long term you may have trouble the the dojos though. They prefer cool water and stress in heated aquaria which shortens lifespan. Also these guys can get to be around 9 to 10 inches full grown. See source here

More penguin tetras would also be good as they are schooling fish, so bigger the school the better.

·
Registered
703 Posts
People can't really tell you whether your bioload would be too high because it has so much to do with things like plants, filtration, and the care you take of your tank - opinions are generalized. If your tank were my tank your stocking levels would be fine, though I do agree about taking care in stuffing too many gourami in such a small space and considering a more suitable type loach that would remain small and so be kept in an appropriate group.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
like I said before not sure how the all males will work out for you. they tend to be aggressive towards each other.

Could you return or exchange some of the males for other fish or store credit?

single males with multiple females works though like dave said. Trouble is finding female dwarf gouramis can be pretty tough.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.