The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my first shot at a pressurized CO2 planted tank (and at a journal :icon_eek:)

Tank: AGA 29 Gallon
Lighting: Standard 20 watt fluorescent tube (weak, I know), switching to a double-tube Coralife fixture soon
Substrate: Mineralized organic top soil topped with Red Flint gravel
Filtration: Eheim Classic 2213
Heating: Marineland 150 watt Visi-Therm heater
CO2: Pressurized on timer, 5lb cylinder, JBJ regulator with bubble counter and built in check-valve, GLA CO2 3000 diffuser, CAL AQUA drop checker
Ferts: GLA Green Fertilzer package: n-p-k & plantex csm+b, will probably follow E1 dosing
Fauna: Pair of German Blue Rams, 4 Electric Blue Rams, 1 SAE, 1 BN
Flora: At the moment: java ferns, java moss, various anubias, and Italian vals; will add various swords and crypts

Original layout, housed 7 female bettas (no CO2, low lighting):

And when you neglect something (or shift focus to the other 9 tanks you have :red_mouth), several months later:

I plan to rescape it to something like the original, minus the rocks, and more plants. Hopefully it'll thrive this time with new lighting and CO2. However, when I was setting up my CO2 system, I noticed a small crack on the bubble counter eek! I'll wander over to GLA to see if they have a replacement. As soon as I get a new one, the rescape will begin!

·
ShrimpRetirement
8,313 Posts
Get to work man. Stop procrastinating! haha Glad to see you're finally going pressurized.

That's alota Rams for a 29g. Depending on how many males you have, they're not gonna be happy. I found it difficult to keep adult male GBR's together. One will always be the Alpha in the tank and the others will become submissive and hide most of the time. Females are a bit less finicky.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nick - Thanks Nick! I'll definitely get going on the tank soon. Yeah, one of the male rams is showing more aggression, I'll have to separate them soon as I'm sure all the Electric Blue ones are males too.

Kristin - lol, yeah - the "ramifications" of neglecting one's tank. :p

Ed - Yeah, the fancy one I have isn't necessary, I just like the look of it on the regulator. Any bubble counter would work, but if I find a similar one (found one overseas), I would just have to screw it on the regulator.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.