The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pictures from my 29 Gallon Tank. It has been running for about a year and a half. Currently it has.
3 Albino Corey Catfish
1 Panda Corey Catfish
1 Clown Pleco
3 Kuhli Loaches
3 Swordtails
2 Dalmation Mollies
2 Amano Shrimp
A few Nurite Snails
Thank tank currently has an infestation of some pest snails.
The tank has a number of plants, The only ones I know the names of are Java Moss and Singapore Moss. If anyone can identify anything that would be great.

The tank has an over the side filter now, I have a canister that will be hooked up soon though, just need to get some tubing.

Any Suggestions?

·
Fresh Fish Freak
24,403 Posts
The plant with the round leaves growing in "arches" is Hydrocoytle leucocephala (aka Pennywort). The stem plant with the thin, delicate branching leaves is a Myriophyllum. The "grassy" plant is either dwarf Sagittaria or Echinodorus tenellus (and I think it's dwarf Sag). The plant with the thick green leaves that I think you've got tied onto some driftwood or a rock is an Anubias.

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
Instead of upgrading the lights, as in another thread you started posted, I would add Seachem root tabs.

Trallen44 started with them when he started his tank with low light. He did not replace them and most his plants are growing lovely. What ferts are you using?

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
no ferts and no c02. I'm not opposed to ferts, though. Maintenance is an issues.
Tis the same issue for me too. Especially since times I leave for Florida for a few weeks.

The plants you have are root feeders thus I think the addition of Seachem tabs would get them growing fuller. Trallen44 used them initially and did not replace them. Everything, but the Ludwiga, is growing full in his tank.

Is your substrate Eco-complete?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.