The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys and girls! Just sitting here relaxing after work and figured why not start a new thread on my 29! This tank has been set up for roughly 7 months and has been a good tank for me, but i'm really looking to turn it into something more. I recently rescaped the driftwood. In the bottom picture you'll see i had the left piece straight up, and had moss growing on the branch for a "tree" look. It worked will, but the moss was too close to the light, and i was constantly battling a strange algae bloom in the moss. So i decided to just leave the moss connected for now, but wanted to move the piece. The back of the "tree is hollowed out like a canoe of sorts, so what i did was lay it down, and put the larger root like end toward the center of the tank, with the top angled to the back left. I like the depth it gives and it seems to bring together the sides of the tank well. The right side has not changed much, except for the addition of the big greenie that i just picked up (i believe hygrofelia??) not real good with plant id's yet! I know i have ludwigia in the back, and i believe my moss is singapore. Anywho, I have a ton more moss, more ludwigia, and have a pretty good selection of plants at my LFS, and if they dont have it, they can probly order it for me. So i would love some suggestions for some plants and their layout to really make this tank come alive! Keep in mind, the larger piece of driftwood is hollowed like a canoe, so im thinking of adding substrate to this and having it be a sort of underwater planter. I'm thinking anubias along it might look cool?? anyway, here are some pictures, 1 & 2 are the new setup, and the 3rd one is a sad attempt to show you that groove/canoe shape. The bottom one is my old setup. I have a medium light setup now, but that will be changing to a much better light source. I need it due to the height of this tank, just not sure what lights im going to go with. Anyway, all input/criticism is greatly appreciated! And of course, i just cant resist throwing in a picture of my new 8 week old fishtank buddy! His name is Milo :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts