The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
HC 'Cuba' Guru
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a recently purchased a 29 Gallon tank. I have a suitable 150-watt heater, a 50 Gallon Penguin 200 Biowheel filter, a half-fluorite half pebble substrate, and a standard 20-watt lighting fixture (yikes!!). I have many species of plants in my tank including java fern, micro sword, dwarf hairgrass, melon sword, cabomba, moneywort, and anubias nana. Most of the plants are doing alright, but I don't know about a few of them, and I don't think they will really grow at all. I have decided that I want to invest in a more powerful lighting fixture so these plants could thrive, and so I could get plants with more color and prestige, which require stronger light. I have read that 2 watts per gallon is basically enough for almost all plants, maybe 3. So I did my research and found this...($89) All-Glass Aquarium: Quality Aquarium Hoods, Tops and Other Accessories
It is 55 watts and fits my tank (30'') and budget. My question is, is this the right option? Is there something better for the money? Is it enough watts for any plant? Quick help would be greatly appreciated because I am going out to purchase it tomorrow. Thanks a lot :icon_smil

1 - 1 of 1 Posts