The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently in the process of setting up my first planted tank. It is a 29 gallon system that will have Malaysian Driftwood and will be moderately planted. I have a Marineland Penguin 350B that is a few months old(wasn't used much and then I put into storage)

However, I am considering a EHEIM 2215. I have used Fluval Canisters in the past. Would the 2215 be enough for this setup? Could I just use my existing penguin? I have read good/bad things about EHEIM but most are positive.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Yeah I use a 2213 on my 10g and it's basically just perfect, while still remaining in the "slightly-overfiltered" category. So I think a 2215 on a 29g would be perfect.

Or, an XP2 for that matter (I've decided I'm more of a Filstar guy now, and will probably not be buying any more Eheims, but that is only because Filstars are waaaaaaaay easier to clean and perform maintenance on, and I'm lazy).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the information. I am glad to see that there are people using this system with success. I have ordered the 2215 and will start my tank build next week once everything arrives. :icon_smil

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.