The Planted Tank Forum banner
41 - 60 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
This is honestly one of my favorite tanks here. I might have to steal your idea and try this with a 10 gallon that I'm setting up.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
It looks amazing. are all those in the foreground Anubias petite?
Yes those are all anubias petites in the foreground. I have recently bundled them up really close together in the center foreground until they grow out more and i spread them out while still keeping the packed appearance. It sucks i still do not have a foreground carpet of them but i been considering packing the left and right of the foreground with flame moss and just keeping this number of petites in the center foreground. Have the flame moss growing out now in a 2.5 gallon. We will see how things change with time.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Did a water change today and took out several of the very large anubias out to cut down on their rhizomes. Moved them around making less room for a foreground so that the petites look better. Here is a picture with the newly added flame moss on the right and left. Will possibly take more pictures tomorrow when the water polishes better and perhaps a video as well with the update.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 · (Edited)
How many gallons is your tank and what lighting do you use

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
The aquarium is 29 gallons and the lighting is current usa satellite + LEDs.

Here are pictures of the tank after i finished cleaning off the plants and trying to plant them once more.

·
Registered
644 Posts
beautiful tank! I am considering buying a satellite plus for my 29g. Do you feel it gives a good enough spread (even in the corners?)
Are there any other lights you think would be better for your tank?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
beautiful tank! I am considering buying a satellite plus for my 29g. Do you feel it gives a good enough spread (even in the corners?)
Are there any other lights you think would be better for your tank?
Thank you for the compliment. As for the spread of the light on my tank on the corners i feel its fine for what i have. Considering all the plants are fairly low tech its not the best indicator as to if it would work well for more demanding plants. Most members use 2 units for plants requiring more light. I have no particular favoritism for any particular unit. As long as they have the values you are looking for.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Love what you've done there. I have a 10G that is overgrown with java ferns and java moss. I have them growing on two sizable chunks of driftwood - really too big for the tank. I bought a 29G at a $1 per G sale and think I'm going to move everything. Just some advice for your algae problem. Get some nerites. I have three horned and one tracked in my tank, and they keep the algae off the glass and off the leaves of my plants. Ever so often they'll lay some eggs on my glass, but I just scrub those off.

I admire your determination in doing petites for your carpet. I'm going with something easier to carpet, like S. repens.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Love what you've done there. I have a 10G that is overgrown with java ferns and java moss. I have them growing on two sizable chunks of driftwood - really too big for the tank. I bought a 29G at a $1 per G sale and think I'm going to move everything. Just some advice for your algae problem. Get some nerites. I have three horned and one tracked in my tank, and they keep the algae off the glass and off the leaves of my plants. Ever so often they'll lay some eggs on my glass, but I just scrub those off.

I admire your determination in doing petites for your carpet. I'm going with something easier to carpet, like S. repens.
I have about 4 nerites in there. Almost impossible to see them but they are there. They do a decent job on algae and the otocinclus are nice to have as well. The petite carpet has been a very expensive journey to complete. Well over 200 dollars in it.

41 - 60 of 96 Posts