The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe i am in need of some supplementation :), I should be receiving my paintball co2 system. anyways i have been dosing flourish excel 1-2 a week, and just bought flourish potassium and first dose was today. thats the only definite sup i needed for my anubias. anyways i need input on a possible dosing schedule for my planted tank. hope this all makes sense. I will be ordering a ehiem 2217 if im not mistaken for it to, do you think this is over kill. and i will post pics latter if requested. thanks alot

Stocking - I have a couple crypts - 2 Kompact - anubias - several java fern - 10 pygmy chain swords with several runners - Ruben sword - lots of moss don't know what type - pennywort - sagittaria subulata -

ALso what is a good water testing kit to buy?

·
Registered
703 Posts
2217 is big, but you can always turn down flow or use cotton batting material to effectively clog up the filter - better too big then too small.

I Use a drop check to keep an eye on co2 and used the API nitrate test at first to get an idea of how much it takes to keep them at desired levels, otherwise don't do any testing. Ei dozing of CSM+B (flourish works great but much more expensive) every other day, iron and potassium twice per week, and nitrate once per week has my plants flourishing and algae minimal. one thing I quickly learned getting into the tech planted tank is we can get ideas on the forum but must figure out ourselves what is best for our own setups for dosing.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
2217 is big, but you can always turn down flow or use cotton batting material to effectively clog up the filter - better too big then too small.

I Use a drop check to keep an eye on co2 and used the API nitrate test at first to get an idea of how much it takes to keep them at desired levels, otherwise don't do any testing. Ei dozing of CSM+B (flourish works great but much more expensive) every other day, iron and potassium twice per week, and nitrate once per week has my plants flourishing and algae minimal. one thing I quickly learned getting into the tech planted tank is we can get ideas on the forum but must figure out ourselves what is best for our own setups for dosing.
Awesome thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.