The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After having a 10 gallon tank for a few months I have come to a realization that I need something bigger.

This is the result of two days work of assembling the cabinet, laying out the landscape and planting UG.

Behold, my 25 gallon 60cm long tank.

Please share your thoughts on it with me. More pictures to come with details on how I've put this together.

I've moved a fully cycled Eheim 2013 filter from another tank onto this one. How long will it be that the tank is fully cycled and ready for an addition of fish.

Also, how many cardinals would I be able to fit in this?

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Looking good!!

Cycling would take several weeks with a lot of testing and monitoring, or you could do it the easy way by getting a small squeezing from an healthy established filter and introduce it, but it would make a bit of a gunky mess. As for cardinals, I would say a good 25. Have a good one! I can't wait for the updates :).

-Will

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As promised, here's a few pictures.

Cutting out the padding for the tank (love my Milwaukee utility knife).

Tank by itself.

Trying out the first aqua scape.

After some thinking I realized that I do not like it. So trying for the second time.
This time I do like it better.

Filling it with water and planting the UG (that was a lot of fun!)

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Nice job, looking good so far. Did you custom build the stand yourself? I am in the process of building one so I am just curious.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I just wanted to say IMO I would make the substrate in the front lower like up to the F on Fire and then slope it upwards to give it more depth.

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
That's a really nice little set up and ya gotta love someone who can place their rocks and move on, without days and days of different rock formations.

I'd say 13 to 15 Cardinals or 31 to 33 Green Neons, that's at an inch per gallon. Yesterday someone said you could have 2 inches per gallon but I think it should be closer to 2 gallons per inch. Plus your tank will have good filtration but the plant load is going to be on the light side.

It looks very nice so far!!

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.