The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading a few posts in the "Lighting section" I now understand that many lights that are "aftermarket" do not have very good reflectors.

Does anyone know whch lights have decent reflectors and which ones don't ?

I was considering a 24" twin tube Coralife fixture, or one made by Deep Blue Professional but now I'm not so sure.

Has anyone compiled a chart of lighting fixtures so we could tell at a glance which is a good light or which one is questionable?

Thanks,

Marty

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Jim,

It seems like most lights at Catalina are geared for T5HO and brighter lights.

I'm just looking for a 24" light that uses twin T5NO tubes (normal output) instead of the HO version, and comes with a decent reflector.

The compact kits have much higher wattage then what I'm looking for. I need 28 watts total (two 14 watt tubes).

Thanks,

Marty

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The only thing I found on the Aqueon catalog site for a 24" fixture uses an 18" "SINGLE TUBE" or an incandescent!

The only lights that use "DUAL or TWIN TUBES" are 30" and above! I didn't see any mention about T5NO or even T5HO lights.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've never used anything from Aqueon, but I was curious about them supposed to be using T5NO lights.

After looking over their catalog I did not find anything to support that!

·
Registered
293 Posts
The Aqueon 24" Freshwater Aqualights (previously Coralife) are sold at PetSmart in the new packaging. Most online stores still show images of the OLD box but it must be the new packaging they are shipping since that's what I got when I bought from an online store!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.