The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres a question that has been bothering me for awhile. My tap water has a ph of around 7.8 and I keep it at 7.1 in my aquarium by pressurized CO2. I currently run my co2 24hours a day but have heard that some people turn theirs off at night. Would a .7ph swing at night be harmful to fish, or should I just run co2 all the time.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
i turn mine off at night and my ph doesnt swing that much. My tap is about 6.9 and my co2 gets it down to about 6.3 at the end of the day. The ph doesnt usually raise up that much during the night unless your running an aerator all night. If you are, try only running it for about 3 hours at night. Thats what I do and it works good for my fish and it doesnt let all the co2 escape. That way it wont take as much co2 during the day to reach your ph goal.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok thanks for the answers. I will give it a try tonight, and if the fish seemed stressed tomorrow, I will keep it 24/7. I cannot help but have a little aeration since I have a bio wheel in a sump below the aquarium.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.