The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just wanted to share some photos of my 24 gallon Nanocube. It's been up and running now for about 2 months now. I have about 20 endlers in there as well as 2 khuli loaches.

i'm unsure of the parameters, as I've never tested unfortunately. I just added the CO2 three nights ago and the plants are pearling like crazy!

All that said, I'd really like some suggestions here. As you can see, most of my plants here are low-light; i.e. java moss, crypts, ferns, etc. tried some val, but virtually all of it melted except for the one that's stuck in the overflow grill :icon_roll . What would you all suggest for this tank?

Thanks for the comments!

Mike

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here's a full shot of the tank

Here's a shot at the cabinet. Just enough room for a 5 lbs. CO2 kit :)

A picture of the glass pollen CO2 diffuser I picked up from Aqua Forest Aquarium (my new favorite LFS)

Shot of the left rear of the tank. These crypts came from my 6 year old tank, not sure what type, anyone know?

Here's the right side of the tank. I need to spend some time tying down that ball of moss. Can someone confirm that that's Java moss?

Unidentified plant. Any know what it might be? Just popped up one day and is growing...very slowly.

Thanks again for checking out the pics. If any one can give me suggestions regarding layout and other plants, please do let me know!

·
Registered
676 Posts
ugh, your moss is beautiful!

Heh, isn't aquaforrest awesome? At least you don't have to drive 65 miles to get there! Arg!

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the comments all :). I've got about 3 watts/gallon, which I believe is in the low-mid range for lighting. Does anyone think that glosso or riccia will stick to the bottom with that type of wattage?

·
Registered
247 Posts
wow 3 watts per gallon on that thing is alot. you could most likely grow anything you wanted with that kind of light lol. but like the guy above me said riccia has to be anchored to something were as glosso doesnt. i dont remember if i said it or not in my last post but nice tank.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Really? 3 watts per gallon is a lot? I kinda figured it'd be a bit lacking for hight-light plants. As for the riccia, I might go with glosso instead. I like to have the lawn-like plants rooted to the substrate.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.