The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im gonna keep it pretty simple, on the lower tier and the very right im going to dry start some dgh belem, i the driftwood thats making a C im thinking of putting alternatha reineckii mini and do like a super cool plant in the very middle of it, im thinking of maybe attaching moss to the wood, maybe buce and annubius on the rocks and something tall in the back not sure what yet, nothing to fluffy though. Any suggestions to planting are welcome

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Equipment
Filter: eheim pro 3 2075
Heater: inline hydor 300 watt connected to a finnex temperature controller
Lighting: ecoxotic e 90
Co2: dual stage air products regulator, i have an inline reactor that im going to attach
Substrate: ada amazonia normal
Hardscspe: seiryu stones and i don't remember what kind of driftwood that is

Most my equipment came from my 125 gallon tank so i hope its not over kill, but i think it should work

·
Registered
93 Posts
:smile2:
I was just going to say, the stick on the left should point the other way... Everything is pulling the eye away from the centre of the tank to the rear corner. maybe excessively so.
I got all or more than I needed of driftwood and stones to scape my 75g. It was the first thing I collected, before I started gathering my filters, co2, and lighting. I would do an arrangement, and then let it set for a few days and rearrange it again. Tank was empty for about 10 months as I would get equipment as I could afford it. I kept taking pics through the process, as certain pieces looked good a certain way, while others just didn't. I also used masking tape and marked my tank into 3rds using the Golden Rule or whatever it's called. I seriously must have rearranged 100 times before settling on the final layout. Like you said it would be 95% right with one branch just not quite in the right position! By the way where did the hanging plant rod above the tank come from? Stealing that one!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like the layout, now if you can keep from rearranging it 100 times!
I was just going to say, the stick on the left should point the other way... Everything is pulling the eye away from the centre of the tank to the rear corner. maybe excessively so.

The thing with the driftwood on the left is it has a natural curvature, if i put it the other way the branches would point to the back. I like the look of the branches coming to the front

I got all or more than I needed of driftwood and stones to scape my 75g. It was the first thing I collected, before I started gathering my filters, co2, and lighting. I would do an arrangement, and then let it set for a few days and rearrange it again. Tank was empty for about 10 months as I would get equipment as I could afford it. I kept taking pics through the process, as certain pieces looked good a certain way, while others just didn't. I also used masking tape and marked my tank into 3rds using the Golden Rule or whatever it's called. I seriously must have rearranged 100 times before settling on the final layout. Like you said it would be 95% right with one branch just not quite in the right position! By the way where did the hanging plant rod above the tank come from? Stealing that one!
I got that from ikea actually, sadly its poorly designed because the rod is 31 1/4" long so it just misses the second stud, so you have to drywall fasteners for one side, but its pretty light so it doesnt need to be in a stud, but i just prefer if it were

Attachments

·
Registered
402 Posts
Plants are here, i think im going to do a 2-3 week dry start to get the roots going
From the looks of the plants you have, a dry start is not going to be all that useful, and it may kill some of them. AFAIK, DSM works best with carpeting plants that have tiny roots that tend to uproot when flooded immediately. And doing DSM subjects those emersed plants to a transition period upon flooding where there can be die-off. If there's no carpeting plant that needs it here, I'd just flood it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Filled it in today, i raised the back left corner a little and when i pulled up the alternathera reineckii mini up, they all had roots so the dry start did a pretty good job of getting the plants to root. It didnt go all swimmingly though, the driftwood on the left floated up, so i put a temporary rock on it

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So my ammonia is finally 0 and nitrite was around 1, last week i had nitrate at 40 or 80, so i did 2 water changes since then and now its 5ppm. I took the fish and amano shrimp from my 6 gal and introduced them and they are all doing good, i added one amano first and he survived 24 hours, so i added my other 3 amano. They all survived so i took the filter from the 6 gallon and am using it to help keep my numbers good and added my 4 cpd's and one emerald dwarf rasbora. The water is a little brown i think from the driftwood leaching, but growth has been amazing. I dose macro and micro's 2x week using ei method, pumping about 3.5 bubbles/sec with a 7 hr photo period

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I would bump up the numbers on your CPD's and rasboras. They'll be more combfortable if you do. The scape is lookin really good though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the compliment, i really am enjoying the layout, the alternatha reineckii mini is getting overgrown a little though, i may have to cut it back a little. As for fish im adding them in slowly, yesterday i did add 4 more cpds to bring my total to 8 (4 males 4 females) i think ill wait a few days then get 5 ottos, and some crs, then im going out of town for a week and when i get ill add 5 more emerald dwarf rasboras if i can find them

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.