The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will be getting a 5# co2 tank. My problem is that the closest place to get it filled, I will have to leave for 2 or 3 days. But knowing how things go it maybe a week or 2 before it gets filled and I get back to pick it up.
My tank is a 20Long. So to hold things over, I am thinking of getting a 20oz paint ball tank. Do you think a 20oz tank will last for 2 or 3 weeks?

·
Registered
171 Posts
I think the bigger question is whether you have the correct regulator for the paintball size co2 tank. Don't they need an adapter or something? Sounds like a lot of trouble or added expense to me.

If it takes you 2-3 days to get the tank refilled, why not anticipate when you will need to refill it and then go ahead and make up a batch of yeast/sugar/water for co2 for a couple of days. Since you only have a 20 gallon tank I think that should hold you over for a few days.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
I think the bigger question is whether you have the correct regulator for the paintball size co2 tank. Don't they need an adapter or something? Sounds like a lot of trouble or added expense to me.

If it takes you 2-3 days to get the tank refilled, why not anticipate when you will need to refill it and then go ahead and make up a batch of yeast/sugar/water for co2 for a couple of days. Since you only have a 20 gallon tank I think that should hold you over for a few days.
DIY sounds like a lot more hassle. Just get an adapter for the paintball tank.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes I will need an adapter, no big deal. Can get pant ball tank and adapter for 20 bucks. I am with over stocked lot less hassle and will have more control of co2.
This place is very close only a few miles away. But it is a small place so they only fill when thy have a few tank to fill. Still don’t know, but I am hoping to get 3 or 4 weeks out of a 20oz tank. If I can then it will all work out fine for me. Thanks for your help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.