The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just acquired a 20lb CO2 tank. I see some hi-end gauges read to 2000psi, some to 3,000 and some to 4,000 psi.

Does tank size matter and which hi-end gauge should I try to get?

From reading here, it seems the low-end gauge should be 60psi or less, is this correct?

·
Super Moderator
12,118 Posts
Tank size does not matter, in terms of regulators. Ideally, you would get a regulator that was designed specifically for CO2, but you can also buy cheap regulators off eBay that were originally intended for (say) inert gases. In this case, you would need to replace the CGA fitting to one that would fit CO2 tanks (CGA320).

For hi-pressure gauges, any of those that you listed would be fine.

For the low-pressure gauge, ideally, 0-100 PSI would be ideal (in my opinion). I have a low pressure gauge that reads from 0-200 PSI, and it works fine for me. I would not go higher than 200 PSI (maximum) for the low pressure gauge, however. Also, don't forget that the maximum reading on the gauge does not necessarily indicate the maximum safe delivery pressure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.