The Planted Tank Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
It looks stunning.
Thank you :icon_smil once it grows in more that word will be more applicable IMO

I like the mound of plants in the middle, and those little bunchy ones in front. I also like the mixture of plant colors - what's the brown one in front left?

(as you can see I'm a noobie - don't know any names of plants or acronyms but I do appreciate the nice tank!)
yea that mound hides some of the filter intake, i plumbed it under the background and substrate so I didn't have to cut holes in the background..

I don't remember the name of the bunchy ones (good way to describe them lmao) and the brown one is Bronze Wendtii, if you scroll up to other pics you'll see it on the left side again, however, much bigger.. easy to grow plant, most LFS's (local fish stores) have it, the leaves tend to "melt" a little bit once you buy it and introduce it to your tank and also if you ever moved it you'll see some leaves that'll melt, they'll come back pretty quick though and now that I'm more diligent about dosing ferts and light schedule I'm sure I'll see the same thing again. Thanks for the appreciation, feel free to ask more questions.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Tank looks great. Did you have to totally tear down your tank to put the background in? I have been wanting one for my 29 gallon but don't feel like tearing the whole thing down right now.
Thank you. Yes, I did completely tare down the tank and remove everything in it to get the background in. Set up a temporary tank and put the plants, fish etc in it for about 48 hrs. while everything got settled in the 20H.

I have a 20G H that I'm about to setup. How much was the background? I LOVE IT!! Although my eye is more drawn to that than the plants :(.
I was looking for one of these 3D backgrounds for like a year, easy, and I finally found one, one that was perfect for my 20H so I grabbed it. Like 60$. It's AquaTera, so if you Google it and see the people selling it, it's about the same price and that's without shipping. Once the plants grow a little more I think that'll be the other way around lol

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Tank looks great, scape is very good, I like the look of the background
Thanks buddy, I do too, looks much much better underwater.. granted it looked awesome out of water too, thus the purchase lol but once the plants start growing.. should be nice

21 - 28 of 28 Posts