The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is the first planted tank I setup.
Currently using a single coralife 65W CF bulb, haggen diy co2 with extra cannister. Substrate is tahiti moon sand and some flourite in the back.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hehe thanks, it was actually placed far back but the shrimp, fish and current has naturally brought it forward over the moon sand.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Took some new photos this morning.
I received my pressurized co2 equipment in the mail yesterday!

my temporary diffuser, I have a rhinox2000 coming in the mail that I won online for $6 and $6 shipping, not bad.

Oh, now that I have pressurized co2 I turned on my other bulb, so now it has 2x65W CF running on it. 130W on a 20gal. hehe. Exciting.
I've been dosing 1/8tsp. PMDD diluted in 250ml of water 2 times a week and that was doing the trick. I wonder if I will have to dose even more now with the extra light and co2.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So I was completely suckered by my LFS to buying the more expensive light so they could make more money?

It can be balanced cant it?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hi retoid, very nice tank. Can you post how long was your lighting period and what you CO2 level was when you were running the single 65W and diy CO2? I'm curious because I have a regular 20g with the same lighting (single 65W) and pressurized CO2.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
is that a ball of HC growing there?
Why yes it is :)

Hi retoid, very nice tank. Can you post how long was your lighting period and what you CO2 level was when you were running the single 65W and diy CO2? I'm curious because I have a regular 20g with the same lighting (single 65W) and pressurized CO2.
kH 3
pH 6.8 (buffered with baking soda)
co2 13-14 ppm
65W 9 hours a day.
20% water change weekly
I dosed excel and PPMD and added two flourish tabs

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I would run the one light then kick on the second for a burst for a couple of hours. Even with that type of set up make sure you don't slack off on your ferts. It starts to cause problems!

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok, Ive been told by 3 people now its to much light.
So I will only run one light and maybe turn the second on for 3 hours a day.

I am going to try 1/8tsp of PMDD (premix) once after a WC on saturday and then once again on wednesdays. Also the tank has two flourish tabs in it from about a month and a half ago.

Thanks

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Bacopa monnieri - Moneywort
Vesicularia montagnei - Xmas Moss and what seems to be tawain moss?
Rotala: green-stem green to pink leaves
Rotala: red-stem green to red leaves
Ludwigia Inclinata
Cryptocoryne undulata
Microsorum pteropus Windelov
Hemigraphis traian
Limnophila aromatica
Micranthemum umbrosum
HC
Glosso

I think that covers it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.