The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just moved from Arkansas to Georgia about 2 months ago. So I got this 20 gal Hex from my sister. My plans were to be nothing fancy.

Equipment:
Marineland Emperor 280. (Got on clearance...same price as Emp. 200.)
20lb CaribSea Tahitian Moon Sand
AHsupply 2X55watt CF 6700K (Only running one bulb)
Tetra Submersible 10-30gal Heater

I need to go to home depot and try to find some type of mounting leg system for my light canopy.

Fish:
2 Otos

Plants:
Java moss ball
Xmas moss

Decor:
Waiting for the order of driftwood to still come in. Should of been here today. Been 7 days since shipped. Coming from PC1. His driftwood is amazing!

Plans:
As many of others on this forum I've become fascinated with RCS. Found a member on here close by willing to sell me adults to get me started. Really wanting to get a large java fern also and maybe some water sprite to fill in the back some. As far as fish, I'm thinking I want to get about 10 Cardinal tetras and one more oto.

First Pic is it setup with the standard light fixture.

2nd Pic is todays. I decided I thought I would like the hex turned around to give a depth thing and to get it a bigger front glass. Have to get a longer black background because of turning the tank. I really like it. It got cloudy over night, I think maybe because I have just put the new hood on it like two days ago and because of circumstances accidentally left the light on longer than I usually turn it off. Just did a water change 3 days ago so parms are good.

3rd pic is the pine canopy me and my grandpa built. I personally think the wiring on the outside looks tech. Plus would help run cooler. This canopy was previously built for my 55gal. Had it shipped all the way from back home in Arkansas.

Anyways any and every comment is welcome and hope everyone enjoys. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool thanks. Hey sorry to forget to mention but I was thinking I need a pre filter for my 280. I can't find one local so I was thinking DIY. Thought about going to hobby lobby to try to find some large sponge to shape. Any thoughts?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts