The Planted Tank Forum banner

20g stocking?

2489 Views 19 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  MaraLynn
I have just recetly setup a planted 20g high, and I added 3 Panda Cory's after 8 days (not sure if that was a good idea) I also have a Zebra snail in there.

I wanted to get:
4 male Guppies
1 albino (highfin) Bristlenose Pleco
10 Neon Tetras or 6 Black Neon Tetras
and 3-6 Panda Corys, I know this is kinda crowded but I wanted to have fish at all levels of the tank, and I need an algae eater and I heard Bristlenose Plecos are great for that.

I was wondering if it's better to stick with three Panda Corys or six, I know they like others of their species around but is three OK?

Thanks for your help in advance,

---------Mara
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
544 Posts
Yeah, I'll say if you want to keep algae in check, go with shrimp, nerites, oto's and cory's to help maintain it all. PetSmart now saws that Rubber Lips get 5" fyi, I managed there for over a year. They are very misleading when it comes to any species of pleco and similar species. Pretty sure all they care about is money. I almost always refused to sell the typical pleco to anybody because they had no idea what they were getting themselves in to. Anyways, those are stories for another day.

I wouldn't suggest a pair of Gourami's as they will most likely fight off the others in such a small area for territory or fight with each other to claim position. Maybe just 1 gourami like a Honey Gourami.

Hatchetfish, Ghost catfish, rasboras, and danios typically always stay at the top.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.