The Planted Tank Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
went to my LFS today to grab Amano shrimp and a few more peacock gudgeons, as promised. about a week ago, the LFS posted on their social media that they’d gotten a large shipment of fish that would be ready today. I had a feeling this included the CPD’s I’ve been looking for, and I was right.

the tank is now fully stocked with:

7 peacock gudgeons
7 CPD’s
14 white clouds
4 otos
7 Amano shrimp

peacock gudgeon and amano

the CPD’s are pretty difficult to photograph at the moment lol

with the rest of the fish in, the 14 white clouds may be a bit too many, but we’ll see. I’ll be checking the water parameters throughout the week to make sure there are no spikes.

now that the tank is fully stocked in terms of plants and fish, I’ll switch my focus to algae control and maturing the scape.

cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
update:

I’m satisfied with the growth of the scape. the bunches of stems aren’t too much of a bother since they’ve been thinned out. although they do grow fast, they don’t require as much trimming as I’d assumed they would. I’ve trimmed the hygro more frequently than the rotala at this point. the rest of the tank is pretty much all crypts, ferns, and mosses so the growth is slow and steady on that front.

thinking about replacing the white clouds with green neon tetras for more contrast amongst the fish and shrimp. besides that, the tank is pretty much on cruise control.

cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Nice setup. Are you using a glass lid on the 20 long?
I'm considering getting a Fluval 3.0 for mine, but I've read where some people have to put them on risers for a 20 long to get even light coverage.

The light spread doesn't look bad at all in your tank.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Updates? Updates!

This tank is beautiful. An inspiration. Makes me want to get a 20 long. Those White Clouds look great.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts