The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been meaning to put plants into my tank, and now that I have the time for it, I'm going to do it. Currently, I only have a few anubias nana plants in the tank attached to the driftwood. I'm thinking of putting in dwarf sag, crypts wendtii, amazon sword, bacopa, ludwigia repens, and jungle vals.

I would love for you guys to give me some suggestions on plants/placement. I'm open to everything, and attached a picture of how the tank currently looks from the front.

In the tank, I have 4 neon, 4 blood fin, 2 rummynose, 2 guppies, and 1 bristlenose pleco. I lose a couple fish here and there (a blood fin somehow managed to jump out of the only open space in the tank lid).

I also want to get snails and shrimps. If you guys have suggestions on that too, that'd be great. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
Sagittaria platyphylla (Delta Duck-potato)I love mine. Tallest leaves top out at about 17".

I would put it in the open space next to the wood, it grows in a nice fan shape that will complement the space without crowding out the light.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I also want to get snails and shrimps. If you guys have suggestions on that too, that'd be great. Thanks
Amano shrimp and Nerite snails.

I have a bunch of Sagittaria platyphylla as well and it is a beautiful plant that spreads via runners and gets nice and big. Will grow slow under lower light and low/no co2. Ludwigia repens will be awesome as well as bacopa and will grow like weeds in almost any condition

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.