1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just don't get it. Why would they take this good looking car:

And turn it into this:

:icon_frow

Well, that was the Taurus SHO, which is a tad different. Here's more of a comparison:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Because it's assembled in Mexico!!

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
i believe they said they are looking to refresh every 2-3 years personally think the changes are minor though i dont like that diamond shape front.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
I like the newer "version" better visually.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
I agree with you teamteal. When I first saw the pictures it looked like a normal sedan to a sporty car. I'm not a big fan of taurus but the second one is better. I also agree with you stella. A guy I work with is getting a fiesta and he has to wait for it to go from Mexico to Cali to here(michigan).

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
New Taurus looks more like a Dodge Charger from the front...ew. I'm personally looking forward to the new Ford Focus ST. :)
I drove the new Focus.. It's a nice drive. I also drove the electric version of the focus, nice drive too. I can't believe how quiet they are.

I can safely say all Ford cars are designed in Detroit and assemble elsewhere for cost saving.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Wow really? I guess the FORD designers in MEXICO are just inept, as they clearly are inferior in everyway...
Manufactured in Mexico does not equal designed in mexico...

And manufactured in mexico isn't new for ford. Or VW. Or Audi.... Lots of cars are made there. Who friggin cares.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Ford is pushing a more "global brand" presence and will be starting to design exteriors to be more marketable in Europe and Aussie land where they actually sell more cars than you would think. They are also changing the Mustang in 2013/14 to a more "global style" and ditching the American muscle retro look.

Think Aussie Ford Falcon for the new Taurus and Mustangs

I wont even get started on how cars being made in Mexico can be attributed to NAFTA and is all by design to deindustrialize the U.S. and spread the wealth on a global scale and take out the last great hurdle to one world government. namely the American middle class.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Ford is pushing a more "global brand" presence and will be starting to design exteriors to be more marketable in Europe and Aussie land where they actually sell more cars than you would think. They are also changing the Mustang in 2013/14 to a more "global style" and ditching the American muscle retro look.
I thought I was looking at an Evo for a second

·
Registered
920 Posts
GM and Ford have better cars in Europe and Australia. looks and performance

kinda sad......

·
Registered
64 Posts

Think Aussie Ford Falcon for the new Taurus and Mustangs

I wont even get started on how cars being made in Mexico can be attributed to NAFTA and is all by design to deindustrialize the U.S. and spread the wealth on a global scale and take out the last great hurdle to one world government. namely the American middle class.

Totally agree, and to be honest most of the Euro styles appeal to me alot more than the designs that they sell here.

Totally agree, and to be honest most of the Euro styles appeal to me alot more than the designs that they sell here.

·
Registered
4,667 Posts
I like the 2013 ford fusion gt. It really peaks my interests though I don't know when they're actually putting it in construction. The new Focus is right behind it for a daily car. They do have the new mustang... mileage on it stinks though.

Currently driving a 2007 Honda Civic, I log about 20k miles per year so my fuel costs are fairly low. I like higher mileage cars. I just can't see why I would want to spend an extra $8,000-$11,000 for a hybrid model.

Hecho en Mexico!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts