The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,214 Posts
Personally I think it's unfair to original participants, I can spot at least 3 scapes that I recognize from the top IAPLC entires.

It's nice to see so many nice biotope entries this year though, I wonder if the trend will continue.

·
Registered
9,711 Posts
I hope to enter one of these contests one day. There sure are some beautiful entries this year.
Personally I think it's unfair to original participants, I can spot at least 3 scapes that I recognize from the top IAPLC entires.

It's nice to see so many nice biotope entries this year though, I wonder if the trend will continue.
Should they have told Michael Phelps that he could only perform in one event at the olympics? ;)

·
Banned
2,214 Posts
Should they have told Michael Phelps that he could only perform in one event at the olympics? ;)
I don't think the analogy applies. It's not an uncommon rule in artistic contests of any type to require original entries, e.g. having requirements that the entries be created exclusively for the contest, and not having been submitted to other contests previously. I'm actually sort of surprised that this rule isn't more prevalent in the aquascaping world.

Again, personally I think it's unfair to other entrants, and I also happen to like the original style that many AGA entries have, it can be boring to see the same IAPLC scapes recycled for contest after contest.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I don't think the analogy applies. It's not an uncommon rule in artistic contests of any type to require original entries, e.g. having requirements that the entries be created exclusively for the contest, and not having been submitted to other contests previously. I'm actually sort of surprised that this rule isn't more prevalent in the aquascaping world.

Again, personally I think it's unfair to other entrants, and I also happen to like the original style that many AGA entries have, it can be boring to see the same IAPLC scapes recycled for contest after contest.
Well said. I have to agree with this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.