The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://showcase.aquatic-gardeners.org/

Enjoy! I was amazed at the number of entries this year, 193!!! Even though technical achievement must be awarded high points I was very pleased at the number of what I would call "hobbyist" or "home cookin'" tanks. Personally, I like seeing those more than the super sophisticated aquascapes. Keep up the good work folks!

Regards,
Phil

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hate iwagumi, it's completely overdone. :help: :icon_excl I'm sick and tired of seeing mountainscapes. However, a well done aquascape is a well done aquascape no matter the style.

The "floating" island was probably done by attaching something to the back pane of the glass and letting the moss grow over it. There are some pretty strong suction cups made these days.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
I hate iwagumi, it's completely overdone. :help: :icon_excl I'm sick and tired of seeing mountainscapes. However, a well done aquascape is a well done aquascape no matter the style.
Here, here!

·
Fresh Fish Freak
24,403 Posts
I'm glad there were so many more biotopes, too. I'm always more a fan of a the "natural" look over a "groomed" tank, personally. Though I can certainly appreciate both (as long as it's not me doing all the grooming! LOL)

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
I've only gotten through the small category so far, and there were tons of those! I'm guessing, then, there are also lots of biotopes then? That's cool, because that's always been a skimped-out category. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.