The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I filled my tank about 3 weeks ago (pix of tank is in my signature, click the link), and for the first two weeks, I did 50% water changes every single day, on the third week, I did 50% water changes every other day. I'm using ADA Amazonia New (was brand new) and have a carpet of HC and DHG growing (after a month long dry start). Is it possible that my tank has cycled? See the pix below, the parameters look to all be zero'ed out!

After week 1

After week 3(just took these samples tonight)

·
Super Moderator
12,113 Posts
Not too sure about the ammonia, the colour is a bit hard to read, but it could be 0 or 0.25 ppm.

Your nitrates look like they are beginning to bottom out (somewhere between 0 - 5 ppm).

Your cycle looks complete, but to ensure that you maintain the beneficial bacteria (i.e. so that they do not starve), I suggest you continue to add just a bit of ammonia on a daily basis until you have your aquarium stocked.

Ideally, if your aquarium is fully cycled, the ammonia that you add will be removed by the next day.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.