The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen community tanks done with smaller to medium-sized tanks, but how would a large tank like this workout?
I'm looking for a multitude of different species at all different water heights, I'm also not afraid of some larger and smaller fish.

Not really any more specifications, just looking for a broad view of what's possible :)

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
I've seen community tanks done with smaller to medium-sized tanks, but how would a large tank like this workout?
I'm looking for a multitude of different species at all different water heights, I'm also not afraid of some larger and smaller fish.

Not really any more specifications, just looking for a broad view of what's possible :)
I would do some research of South American fish, Central American, African, and South-east Asian and decide which groups of fish appeal to you under these groupings.
Then, from there, look at the different fish that are available to you locally ( mail order if that is something you are interested in doing) from the chosen region you are interested in.

Look at schoolers, bottom-feeders, and centerpiece fish from your chosen region. You will get a much better plan if you do the research on your own than gettin ideas like this. Doing your own research, you will be able to choose fish that really fit what YOU are looking for and not what others look for for THEIR aquarium.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
As funny as this may sound my brain screamed hundreds of micro rasbora, giant shrimp colonies and a large school scissor tail rasbora or pearl danio. Then it said giant schools of lemon, diamond and blue tetra, groups of keyhole cichlids and acaras and maybe a few schools of cory. Then it whispered "but what about the oddballs?"... That is certainly a lot of tank to fill. Just a heads up- if you are thinking of doing warm water fish like discus, rams, cardinals and the like and live in a temperate zone there's a very good possibility you will have a heart attack the first electric bill after cold weather hits. This is from personal experience. Good luck!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Thanks for all the ideas! So it seems as if I will do my won research in combination with this inspiration, and come back with a different post with a more detailed plan. Thanks for the help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.