The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to rave about how excited I am! I currently have a 5 lb cylinder of co2 for my planted tank but got tired of getting it filled so often. I called up at the welding shop to see about a 10lb upgrade but found out that it would be about $100. He then told me he had a 20lb cylinder that a guy had just given to them and he said he would just give it to me! For FREE! All I will have to pay is the testing fee of $12. What I am wanting to know is I have a milwaukee regulator system and will this fit on a 20 lb cylinder? (plus I just wanted to brag about my great deal:icon_bigg )

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well about every 2 months....and yes i have had everything checked for leaks...there are none to my knowledge. I have the bubbles going about 4-5 bps on my 100 gallon.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Is there a general type of place where people are getting CO2 cylinders for their tanks ? Is a welding shop usually your best bet ? I read somewhere about getting one for only the cost of the deposit from a liquor store if you say its for some sort of CO2 keg pump. Anyone heard of that ?

NICE FIND PREACH !! :bounce:

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
Ok. 2 months on a 100 gallon is really about what I would expect for a 5 lb cylinder.

Loyal. Read my Guide. Lots of good tips there. You might get away with the keg from the liquor store for a week or so. But then they are going to start calling or just charge your credit card. Those are normally rented WITH the keg and expected to be out no longer than the keg is gone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.