The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just brought a 20 gallon tank as an upgrade for my 2 dwarf puffers & 3 ottos.
Its got a white sand base ( its sooo soft ) and is going to be heavily planted. I only brought it yesterday but the light isnt working so i have to exchange it for a new tommorow then will cycle it with my existing filter media. I dont know how long it will take though!
Other than that i have the heater , filter , test kits etc. everything i need.
As previously said it will have 2 dwarf puffers & 3 ottos ( all excited for their new home)
I don't think i will get any more puffers but may get another to make 3 ... im still undecided. How many more ottos could i fit in the tank ? I was thinking 2 more to make 5 but will this be overstocked?

So it would be -
2 dwarf puffers
5 ottos

Overstocked?

Also if i take half the filer media out of my tank will it still filter sufficiently

·
Registered
30 Posts
I think your fish selection will be fine.

Why do you want to remove half your filter media? If its your mechanical media that you want to remove, then you should'nt have any problem removing half. Since it will only filter suspended debris from your water, you should just be able to visually see if your media quantity is sufficient or not by how much waste is in the water. IMO you can't over filter your water.... Chemical filter (carbon) being the exception.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts