The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, recentally purchased a 20 gallon tank and plan to fill it with Water Wisteria, different types of Anubias, and Mopani Wood. I don’t want to overstock, but there are so many fish to choose from. Currently, my plan is
1 Dwarf Gourami
5 Zebra Danios
7 Neon Tetras
1 Male Guppy
2 Cory Cats (IK they should be in groups of 4+)
I would love to include more Cory’s, but don’t know if I can fit them in. Am I overstocked? Or do I have room?

·
Registered
802 Posts
Hey, recentally purchased a 20 gallon tank and plan to fill it with Water Wisteria, different types of Anubias, and Mopani Wood. I don’t want to overstock, but there are so many fish to choose from. Currently, my plan is
1 Dwarf Gourami
5 Zebra Danios
7 Neon Tetras
1 Male Guppy
2 Cory Cats (IK they should be in groups of 4+)
I would love to include more Cory’s, but don’t know if I can fit them in. Am I overstocked? Or do I have room?
Personally I'd cut one of your schools (the danios or neons) and add another dwarf gourami, 2 more cory cats and 1-2 more guppies. Aquariums look "off" when they have 1 of each type of fish, or, a small number of a shoaling/group fish, or, competing groups of schooling fish.

Stocking also depends on filtration. I'd definitely use a good canister filter with the amount you're planning.

Good luck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doesn’t having multiple DGs cause fighting? And I think I’ll cut the Danios. I only have a HOB because it isn’t a large tank.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts