The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of downgrading from 29 gallon tank to 20 gallon long tank, for I want to move from Georgia to Florida. Seems it would be easier to move with that tank and it would fit on my stand. I would probably get a coralife T5 fixture for it too.

Thus looking for pictures of 20 Long tanks that use the coralife T5 light fixture. I searched here but found none.

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No! Waterfall has T5 HO lights on her 20L tank. Found a 20L tank with T5 NO lights by Complexity, which is what I will set up when I move.

·
Banned
5,009 Posts
Oh. Sorry about that.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Here's a pic of my 20L when I first set it up. It didn't last long though, due to a purchase of the bad eco-complete. But you can see the fixture on top. There were actually 2 of these fixtures, but the 2nd one was only on a few hours a day for noon burst. This pic is with only one fixture on.

·
Banned
5,009 Posts
No! Waterfall has T5 HO lights on her 20L tank. Found a 20L tank with T5 NO lights by Complexity, which is what I will set up when I move.
Hi hilde

I found out about her lights. waterfaller1 started with the Nova T5HO and then she switched to the two 30" Coralife T5NO fixture over her 20L. I knew that I read it. I was hoping that I wasn't being C-nile again. :D

It may be gone now though. She had it for sale.
http://www.aquaticplantenthusiasts.com/showthread.php?t=1358
20 gal long aquarium
solid oak mission style stand
Eheim 2215 classic canister filter
Ultimate CO2 system from GLA [no controller] w/ 5Lb aluminum tank
ADA Amazonia aquasoil
2 X 30" Coralife T-5 light fixtures
100 wt stealth heater
other odds and ends..diffusers, drop checker, fluids, lots of rare fish if you want them-
Price reduced-$250.
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/t...urnal-20l-new-pics-update7-14.html#post663931
Ok this is a month ago, 4th of july..

the 11th, I changed the lighting

I took off the Nova extreme light fixture today, so now I have two 2 X 18 wt 30" coralife T-5 fixtures.

Here are some of her pictures from the link that I gave you using the Coralife fixtures. They are really nice! This is a beautiful aquarium!!
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/t...urnal-20l-new-pics-update7-26.html#post877815

Thank you for the nice compliments karackle.:D
Here's some pics after the sand was fixed today..before the fish have their way with it.:icon_mrgr

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Yeah right here. But keep in mind, this tank turned out to have bad eco-complete in it, so I had to tear it all down before it ever got to take off. :(

·
Registered
12 Posts
Not to hijack the thread but what do you mean by bad eco-complete. I am going to pick some up either today or tomorrow and would like to know if there is anything I need to look out for.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
There was a time, a few years back, when there was a bad batch out there. It contained large amounts of phosphates or something, and it was screwing up people's water chemistry and so forth. I doubt you'd encounter it anymore, but anything's possible I suppose. Just make sure the place you get it from has a good exchange policy. You'll know if you have questionable eco if there are large particles, and lots of white particles. I saw the signs when I opened the bag, and even commented on it in my journal, but I ignored them, and I'll never do that again.

Unless your LFS has old dusty bags from 2006-ish, you probably don't have anything to worry about. I haven't heard about any new bad batches since then.

I love eco-complete, and I still recommend it as the best "dump it in and forget about it" substrate for planted tanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts