The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I’m new to this whole hobby and I ordered myself a Finnex Planted+ 24/7 light and was wondering if it would be enough for a high light set up? I will be running co2 as well.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Hi, I’m new to this whole hobby and I ordered myself a Finnex Planted+ 24/7 light and was wondering if it would be enough for a high light set up? I will be running co2 as well.
Hi. I think it should be within low-med-high light category. Check out this Finnex chart from the Finnex Website.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What par would I be getting? It’s about 12 inches from the substrate. What par is required to be considered high intensity lighting?...also this model doesn’t include the true 660 reds, are those important for plant growth?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
What par would I be getting? It’s about 12 inches from the substrate. What par is required to be considered high intensity lighting?...also this model doesn’t include the true 660 reds, are those important for plant growth?
Anything North of 80 par is considered high light. You don't need 660nm reds, but it will help for sure. I run a fluval plant 3.0 and it has blue, pink, cool white, bright white and warm white. It grows plants very well(when everything is balanced).

Remember that high light isn't always the answer. From what I've read and also from experience (so far), balancing your co2 and fertilizer is more important. If you have a good balance of both, then high light can drive it to have better growth.

Read up on PAR and PUR. Those two are very important In regards to growing plants.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts