The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 20 gallon long tank (30" x 12" x 13"). For even light coverage, would it be better to have (1) one 30" Finnex FugeRay Planted+ placed across its length OR (2) three 12" Finnex FugeRay Planted+ placed across its width?

Please advise. Thank you.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
I have a 20 gallon long tank (30" x 12" x 13"). For even light coverage, would it be better to have (1) one 30" Finnex FugeRay Planted+ placed across its length OR (2) three 12" Finnex FugeRay Planted+ placed across its width?

Please advise. Thank you.
Depends on the diodes of the planted plus.. Is a 30" really a 24" in a 30" body?
OK 30" looks like a 30" inch...

And 3/ 24" lights won't be "even coverage" no matter what you do..

both will be lot of light for a shallower tank..

30" is preferred by me.. but that is more to do w/ right size for the tank philosophy..

·
Registered
236 Posts
Depends on the diodes of the planted plus.. Is a 30" really a 24" in a 30" body?
OK 30" looks like a 30" inch...

And 3/ 24" lights won't be "even coverage" no matter what you do..

both will be lot of light for a shallower tank..

30" is preferred by me.. but that is more to do w/ right size for the tank philosophy..
Three 12" lights front to back can be even, why not?

·
Registered
566 Posts
I am no expert, but I have the 24/7 on a 20 long an it's pretty much high light at max and the regular + is about the same. I would do a single 30in and raise it 4-6 inch above the tank unless your doing high light.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.