The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.

I've built a 20 gallon AIO that I had set up as a small reef tank.

My salt water days are over and I'm wanting to get into a planted tank.

I have a few questions.

I'm wanting to run CO2 so I can keep some of the more "exotic" plants and be able to raise them well. Will the overflow and pump bleed off my CO2? If so, how can I prevent this where it is the height of the aquarium?

Are there any books that you guys would recommend for a planted tank?

I have this light. Odyssea T5 Aquarium Lighting Would it be alright for plants if I switch out the bulbs to more of a 6500K?

I'm also trying to figure out how to aquascape the tank. Any ideas?

This will be a few months in the preparation stage and I'll need to gather equipment. I'll post pics as I gather stuff and get going.

I have been planning this and digging for a while and have Caribsea Foramax substrate that I would like to cover with some standard, Petsmart brand, natural pebble.

I built the small stand so that I can place it on furniture without looking odd and I built the canopy with enough space to hold a 24 inch light fixture without needing supports. I can post pictures of that too, if you'd like.

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've scrapped the idea of using my existing 20 gallon tank and I'm going to take advantage of Petsmart's dollar per gallon sale. I'm going to be getting a new 20 gallon and a canister filter. I hope to have the equipment in a few weeks. I'm also looking into an in line heater. Can any of you guys recommend a good heater that would work with the API Filstar canisters?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts