The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone!

I'm not new to fish keeping but this is going to be my first community tank, as well as my first heavily planted tank. I have been using Aqadvisor and a lot of research to form my current stock list, but I am worried that after making concessions in numbers to make everyone have a strong grouping it looks pretty overstocked (to my eye, Aqadvisor seems to think its fine).

- 6 Salt and Pepper Cories (corydoras habrosus)
- 8 Celestial Pearl Danio (galaxy rasbora)
- 1 male and 2 female Scarlet Badis (Dario Dario)
- 8 harlequin Rasbora
- 1 honey gourami

I am set on the Celestial Pearl Danio. I am also set on the Scarlet Badis, I know I will have to be patient in finding females and I am prepared for their food requirements. I wanted the spotted (dwarf) rasbora but the water parameters were too different so instead I have harlequins listed. I am wondering if I have to cut out the harlis and/or the honey, or if their would be a fish with a smaller bio load that would fill the upper area of the tank and be comfortable in the same water parameters as the others. Or do you think the cories, danios and badis will make the tank look full enough as it is a long and not tall tank?

Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

·
Fresh Fish Freak
24,403 Posts
Welcome to TPT!

IMO the honey gourami really doesn't fit the scale of the rest of your fish, which are quite small. I also wouldn't be surprised if one would not get along with the Dario Dario as they're somewhat similar in shape (just guesswork on my end).

I'd probably go with a school of dwarf rasporas rather than Harlequins, and then beef up the numbers a little in all of your schools rather than adding a single large fish.

You might also want to include some Otocinclus and/or Nerite snails to help with algae.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay, thank you! I had read a bit about honeys and badis being kept together successfully but it might be just an extra thing to worry about especially because I am new at this. I will skip the gourami and beef up the schools.
Also - Would shrimp also be a good option for algae in my tank? I read that the Scarlet Badis would eat shrimplets and that might be a good occasional treat for them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.