The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post...I searched around but have not found anything that relates to my situation.

I have two 90g tanks (stacked) running off the same sump. I am looking to get co2 set up for both tanks but I am not sure of the best and most efficient way to do so. I already have a 20# co2 tank and regulator with a needle valve splitter. I do not feel that a ceramic diffuser is going to give me enough co2 diffusion, but since I am new to this, I am confused about how to go about getting enough co2 into the tanks. Ive seen reactors, needle wheel pumps, venturi injectors, etc, but do not know exactly how I should plumb these and which would be best for me.

I am getting ready to move the current sump into my garage (which is directly on the other side of the wall from the tank) and will also be rebuilding it to get as little surface agitation as possible, so I can do a little replumbing to accomadate whatever I need.

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
649 Posts
I am a big fan of a cerges reactor because they are cheap, they work flawlessly, and there is nothing that can break. I would either run it in-line on your sump return, or build a loop with another pump or filter and just have a loop going in and out of your sump.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For a reactor, would I need to run two of them after the pump (one for each tank) in order to have better control over the co2 entering each tank, or would I be able to get away with one and split the return line after the reactor?

Thanks for your response!

·
Registered
649 Posts
For a reactor, would I need to run two of them after the pump (one for each tank) in order to have better control over the co2 entering each tank, or would I be able to get away with one and split the return line after the reactor?

Thanks for your response!
No, you are saturating the same water with CO2. That means that you will not have independent control.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.