The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went to the lfs today, and saw that they had a few GBRs..i watched them for a while and picked out (at least i think) a pair, but now that theyre both in my tank, im not too sure. ive tried taking a pic, but they wont come out from behind my mopani wood.

among many of the ways ive heard to sex GBRs....females have black on their pectoral fins, while the males do not...how accurate is this?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v707/Cutsie1/sexingRamsfemale.jpg

and for my second question....how well do harlequin rasboras and RCS get along?

·
Registered
199 Posts
it's kinda hard to determine sex by the black/blue bar on their pelvic fins (coz both mine have them). easiest way is by the "pink" hue around the female's belly, males' dont have that. g'luck.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
when i was picking them out, it was kind of hard to see the ones w/ the pink belly for 2 reasons....they were new and stressed and the LFS had them in a tank w/ pink gravel :(

·
Registered
199 Posts
here are some pics of my pair. hope it helps...

1) male on top :D

2) female on top

3) female top right

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well, ive got some good and bad news :(

the one in the video started to eat last night, while i found the other one dead just a little while ago :'(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.