The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ladies and gentleman! This morning I ordered a 2 Gallon AquaTop cube. After reading Jake, (Somewhatshocked's) journal about the cubes a time or two, I caved and purchased one. I am beyond excited for this little tank. The scape will consist of a piece of driftwood with java moss tied to it, and a slope. The substrate will be Seachem Flourite, and filtration will be a sponge filter and maybe an Aqueon quietflow 10.
Now the last part-lighting. I have a desk lamp that can handle a 15 watt fluorescent bulb, but I have no idea what bulb to use for moss. Any suggestions? Thanks! Pics will follow of the driftwood.

Attachments

·
Invert Warrior
3,886 Posts
Haven't read anything but; BOOM first!

-OK I read stuff! Get a 6500k bulb from Home Depot.

That driftwood looks smallish!

Are you cycling with safe start? How have you done it in the past?

What flourite are you using?

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hokay, I'm using the flourite either red or brown (being colorblind is tough.) and its already in my cube..so yeah. And no, I'm not. I'm just gonna let the tank do its thing for a couple of weeks. The driftwood is actually a pretty solid size for the tank, it'll be plenty. Thanks for the light suggestion, as well :)

·
Invert Warrior
3,886 Posts
Hokay, I'm using the flourite either red or brown (being colorblind is tough.) And no, I'm not. I'm just gonna let the tank do its thing for a couple of weeks. The driftwood is actually a pretty solid size for the tank, it'll be plenty. Thanks for the light suggestion, as well :)
No problem! And either way it'll be nice. I like flourite.

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mark, the srargrass is on the left. Sorry this tank looks kinda terrible lol, the stargrass melted a bit when I got it home. Sorry its sideways, anyone know how to fix this? I'm on an Iphone 4s so thats probably why :/.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update; Tank came and I set it up using materials from my old 2.5 that was running empty. I used the filter, substrate, and water from it. The filter is a TOM internal filter, substrate is flourite black, light is a 10 watt flourescent bulb (upgrading soon) and plants from my cube; (Java Moss and Crypt Wendtii.) My neon tetra was a lone survivor from a school from a while ago. The driftwood was pre-sank by my lfs, so it was a relief when I put it in.

I love this tank so much. It was packaged extremely well, and took me 3-5 minutes to unpack! If you're not sure about AquaTop, as I was, they're worth it. Great tank for the price.

I'm planning RCS in the tank, or maybe rilis. Time will tell :)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 38 Posts