The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Lots of Yankees have come and gone, and he is right there among the best. A real class act. If I'm assembling a dream team, I pick him first. He isn't the fastest, he is slowing down in the field, and doesn't blast a 1000 HRs, but he plays with as much heart as anyone I've seen.

What really blows me away is where he stands on the various Yankee all time lists and the fact that he still has a few years left.

·
Doesn't like Kool-Aid
10,125 Posts
Big Yankee fan....pretty bogus record.

Derek Jeter was never about numbers. He is a player that brings intangibles to the game.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
yeah well, they are going to choke to the Red Sox again in the playoffs, just wait! Their dynasty is becoming ancient history

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
Sox shouldn't be a problem. But if by chance the Angles can get past Boston the Yanks will need more than Jeter to move on. Might help if A-Rod could bat over 150 in a play-off series. lol

SteveU

·
Registered
533 Posts
I grew up in new york near poughkeepsi, and will always be a yankees fan. Derek Jeter is my favorite player hands down. He was never the best but has always been a team player. His stats may not show it but he made the plays when they counted. I have always found him to be a clutch player.

A-Rod on the other hand can rot in hell.

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
you know who else is pretty good, Hideki Matsui.
I don't think he's the best batter but every time he's up, it's fun to see if he'll hit a HR.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts