The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started this 2.5G about 2 weeks ago so that I could house my Amano shrimp while I redid my 55g (which can be seen here).

Originally I only had the rear left plant (ID needed) and the Anubia Petite as well as some moss. Today I added the middle stem plants (ID needed also) and the HC for the foreground. The tank has 24w over it and I've been dosing Excel daily and KNO3 every other day. Just started to dose some Seachem Iron and Flourish today. Water changes about every 2-3 days.

The tank houses four Amanos - 2 males and 2 females, as well as an Oto (which I'll probably transfer to the 55g once it's settled in). Thinking of adding a fish or two, but not sure what would be a good fit for such a small tank (which has no filtration or heater; temp stays at about 75F).

Let me know what you think, and if anyone can ID those two plants for me, that'd be great. Thanks!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the comments! I had to replant a couple of the HC stems which the shrimp uprooted, but the ones that were still rooted are already growing after a day. Suffering from a bit of algae on the glass so I cut down a bit on the ferts. Hopefully everything will fill in nicely :smile:

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I think that plant in the middle is Rotala rotundifolia/indica. The left one is probably Dwarf Sagittaria subulata.

Nice tank! But your slope to the right I don't like because it makes the tank look small. Perhaps higher in the back but lower in the front would work better.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the plant IDs. They seem to be the ones that you mentioned.

As for the sloping, a 2.5G tank has no room to play with sloping front to back, therefore I opted to slope horizontally instead. :smile:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts