The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got tired of all my shrimp getting ate by my tetra's so i started a small shrimp tank.
set it up on the 23rd

added my first shrimp today only 2 crs :)
got 20 rcs coming in the mail

2.5g allglassaquarium
flourite black
Zebra stone
7.5w mini hydor heater
some tetra HOB filled with a home made filter cartridge cut up prefilter sponge for a shrimp safe intake
100w equivalent, 28w 6500k screw in cfl
couple seachem rootabs

i was planning on making a mini 4 leaf clover carpet but its is growing insanely slow so dont know if ill stick with the idea or not.

also planning on using DHG across the rear to make as a background

once it grows in a bit more it gets to take the trip to become a office desk tank

My berried CRS

the anacris, moss, floating plant, and wysteria are just in there to give my shrimp something to hang/play/eat on till my carpet grows in. once it starts to grow their gone.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
update, stuff is finally starting to grow, had to add some more moss for the shrimps. added a piece of my daughters construction paper for a background

added 20 rcs, and i think my berried crs dropped her eggs before they hatched:frown: (kinda figured she would never had a berried from the lfs deliver)

FTS

You can see in the top right corner the repair from a failed derimming (will take my time and try it next time sans cerveza)

how it looks on my desk at home, eventually it will make the move to work...might just setup a second 2.5 for there its growing one me at home:)

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haven't updated this in forever. i ended up draining and growing emersed for a few weeks and then going back to submersed once stuff got ahold. all the shrimp got moved to the 20g for the time being some will make the trip back to this one.

about a month ago I went EI with all my fertz and this tank exploded

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.