The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ignore the lighting for now, only bulb I could find around the house was a 2700k.

Its a 2.5 gal, aquaclear mini 20, half a moss ball, stone with xmas moss tied down to it, piece of driftwood with javamoss tied on the end and a bit of java moss planted in the front.

I plan on using this for a shrimp tank. Either breeding my higher grades, tigers, or selective breeding for my painted fire reds, I'm not sure yet. I loaded the filter with established media, going to throw some food in to break down for ammonia and see how fast I can cycle it.

Any suggestions on the scape. Its hard with a small tank but I don't want it crowded with plants so I see and find shrimp. I may add a bit of floating cardamine for them to hang around it, but thats about it.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya, i didn't want it too crowded so I think it looks good the way it is now.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it does look good....the wood could use more moss later when your moss grows out ...:)
Thanks. I will once it does grow out. I only bought 1 portion of java moss a while ago and its slowly made it way to 3 tanks so far, so I'll trim it when it grows out and fish-string some more down along the body of it.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have shrimp in my 2.5 and they are hard to find because of all the plants. Refer to profile/avatar pic.
Thats why I don't plan on really planting mine other than the mosses, I want to be able to find mine. lol.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
that's driftwood? looks more like a rock... pretty dope.

the subtrate, i'm assuming that's stratum shrimp?

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
that's driftwood? looks more like a rock... pretty dope.

the subtrate, i'm assuming that's stratum shrimp?
Yes. I have the netlea soil in my 7.5 gal tank but I bought that tank with it and can't get it around here, so I figured I'd give the stratum a try. I'll see how the pH holds over time then decide what I want to put in there. If it stays low around the 6.5 range, I'll put some crystals in. If it goes up, then Tigers or Painted Fire Reds.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts