The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone use the glass lid that came with the tank? If so, how did you get an air hose through to run a sponge filter? I dont have a drill press or tools like that...is there a simpler way to get a hole in the glass without spending a ton on tools?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've snapped the corners off with a glass cutter. Their cheap. Walmart and hardware stores have them for a couple of dollars. You just score a line across the glass and then tap it a few times with the end of the glass cutter and snap it off. The glass cutter has a small metal ball on the end to tap with.

Hog

·
I ♥ BBA!
12,768 Posts
Try calling a local glass cutting store. Usually, they will cut glass for you for cheaper than the tool and often times free for small amounts.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I didn't have the glass top, but used a piece of plexiglass. Cut the corners and a 45 degeree angle just to get the heater cord and thermometer wire in the tank, then cut a rectangul out just large enough to fit let the RedSea Nano filter sit properly. Small handle to lift the whole thing off for feedings, etc. Been real happy with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts