The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been part of this forum for a few months, but never really make a thread or post. Well I thought I would start one since my last failed :hihi:

Okay well here is the deal, I'm planning to "de-rim" a 2.5 gallon and grow HC emersed for a month or two or how ever long it takes to fill in, but I was wondering... since I live in the "sunshine state" can I put the tank outside in direct sunlight? I would still keep a cover on it and spray it a few times a day to keep moisture, but I wanted to know would HC grow in direct sunlight?

Oh and I also plan to use flourite or some sort of substrate you use for plants

·
Registered
204 Posts
No expert on the growing it outside, but give eco-complete a try if you plan to use fluorite. same price where I live. Or better yet, buy a small bag of aquasoil....which for that size of tank would probably be cheaper than the eco-complete or fluorite!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No expert on the growing it outside, but give eco-complete a try if you plan to use fluorite. same price where I live. Or better yet, buy a small bag of aquasoil....which for that size of tank would probably be cheaper than the eco-complete or fluorite!
Sounds good, thanks. I will give that a try.

This tank prob won't be set up for another month or two because I still owe my dad money, and I plan to start on my project of making a terrium for my baby turtles first xD

1 - 3 of 3 Posts