The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2.5 gallon tank that I've dirted and capped with black sand. It's currently waiting for me to plant some HC 'Cuba' in it. However, I don't want just HC. What are some good contrast plants for HC? I want a plant or two that isn't hard to care for, and gets tall (for a 2.5 gallon). Preferably doesn't need to be pruned, and is easy to replant, so maybe a tall-ish stem? Something that looks kind of like Vallisneria, but only gets as tall as 8"? Or possibly something very bushy. I was aiming for something that is either bushy enough to resemble a hedge, or straight enough to resemble very tall, ribbony grass.

I was aiming for something almost meadow-esque in my tank, surrounded by "trees/tall grass" with a focal point of a giant rock in the tank, if that helps you recommend a plant.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Try finding some Valisneria nana or Vallisneria 'Tiger'. Both will give you that meadow grass look and stay small compared to the other Vals. However, they tend to be a tiny bit harder to find.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.