The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
9,106 Posts
I would post a WTB thread in the Swap and shop here on this site. Just put the list of plants you want and see what you get. Much better quality (most of the time) than inline retailers and a lower price.

For my co2 systems I pieced them together by purchasing high quality dual stage regulators off eBay, burkert solenoids from the cheapest place (I believe ap.com right now), needle valves from members and co2 canisters I got from a yard sale I found on craigslist. Now, I took my time and got lucky. But I now have a better system then ANY you will find all in one online and it cost me a fraction of the money.

I personally would do 2x18w coralife T5NO strip light. I just think they have really good color rendition and are a good value.

No one has said this yet but CRS + co2 is a recipe for disaster. They are already sensitive and then to inhibit their respiration with co2 is asking for trouble.

· Registered
9,106 Posts

· Registered
9,106 Posts
yah, those regulators from maknwar are top notch, just add a post body kit to complete it. (click on the link below)
Very nice. I had no idea you were building post body kits. I am going to bookmark your thread and use it when someone is in the same situation as the OP here. Keep up the god work! ;)

· Registered
9,106 Posts
Bsmith, your sale threads are like right under each others, lol.
Yeah but I only see things that im interested in. It's not until I stumble upon something like this that I realize its there. Im always looking for neat new plants. The post body's I have will likely outlast me so I havent been in the market. But now I think he can help me streamline my set ups with some hardware.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.